Sunday, November 18, 2012

A new cocktail


The hubs ordered a great drink at the oyster bar we went to for our anniversary.  He is a Bourbon drinker and the Bourbon Bramble caught his eye.  I ordered a fruity drink that had Prosecco and I wished I had his drink instead.   We googled it during dinner and found the recipe on Saveur.com.  We then headed off to our local ABC store for the ingredients and it has turned into a new favorite drink.

Ingredients

1 ounce elderflower liqueur
1 ounce bourbon
1/2 ounce creme de cassis
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Instructions

Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for at least a minute. Strain into a rocks glass or coupe.  Makes one cocktail.


We never got around to buying pumpkins for Halloween, so my Mom gave me hers.  The seeds are roasting as I type.  I'm also going to make some Bourbon balls for Thanksgiving.   I still can't believe that it is on Thursday.  I better talk to my Mom and see what I'm bringing to the grand meal. I hope y'all a great weekend.  Don't forget to shop small businesses this holiday season.


top photo courtesy of saveur.com

1 comment: