Monday, June 25, 2012

Porch party

Saturday night was perfect for a porch party.  The neighbors gathered at our house after dinner for some cornhole and adult beverages.  We decided the drink of the night - mojito's and used fresh mint from our garden.  Turns out I made them better than the hubs, so I played barkeep.  I was too busy enjoying our friends and making drinks to snap any pics.  I served some guacamole, a veggie dip and lemon bars to make sure everyone ate a little something while they played and drank. 

Sunday brought my parents and my aunt over for lunch on their way to spend a few days at my sisters house.   We enjoyed lunch and left over lemon bars on the porch.   We had a lovely visit, nothing like sipping some on sweet tea and watching the world go by.

I still want to add more detail to the porch and a table that seats at least four.  Here's some inspiration for me.  May tackle this project in the fall.  Too hot now to do more than power wash  (you should have seen how dirty I was after the hubs let me help). 

 
The ceiling is already sky blue and we have lovely outdoor ceiling fans.   I may paint the floor for added interest. I'll keep searching and  I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend.

photos via designing bliss & savannah magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment