Sunday, March 25, 2012

Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies

All yesterday morning every idea I offered the hubs was shot down. So pesto & shrimp won out after all. Made for an easy dinner and we decided ice cream sandwiches would be a fun dessert.  The hubs saw Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips and that was the all I needed.  He wanted to use mint w/brownie ice cream & who am I to say no?
 
 
 
The hubs bought me a stand mixer for Christmas a few years ago (okay via our Yorkie) and was afraid I would never use it.   I try and prove him wring as often as I can.  The recipe called for sifted flour.  I used a sifter purchased at a local antique shop.   The finish product was delish.  I may have to have another one after lunch. 

      Ingredients 

  • Servings: 4 Dozen
  • 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package (10 oz) Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking Chips 
  • 2 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour

     Directions

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.
Stir in baking chips or chopped candy and then flour.
Chill approximately one hour in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350
Measure out approximately 1 ounce of dough.
Form ball and slightly flatten.
Raise oven rack one level above middle and baking on non-stick cookie sheets.
Bake at 350-degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes.
Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.

1 comment: