Monday, October 3, 2011

Rigatoni with chestnuts, pancetta & sage


The hubs picked some fresh chestnuts & I knew I wanted to make a pasta dish with them.  I have made a yummy chestnut & squash lasagna in the past, but I was hungry and I wanted a quick meal.  A search of epicurious yielded this recipe.  I did not have any tagliatelle so I used rigatoni instead.  It was a hit and I suggest you give it a try as well.  I even roasted chestnuts, but not over an open fire.   My oven works just fine.
  





Hubs said that the pumpkin pie bars were too good not to share with y'all.  



He eyed  this at the store, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.  I think Krusteaz is on of the best box brands out there.  I was very pleasantly surprised out how well it tasted.  I think all my future pumpkin pies will have a ginger snap crust not just pumpkin cheesecake.

1 comment:

  1. There are no words to describe how incredible this looks. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete