Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A welcoming home

We have started on the next project on our home.  Our entry is in dire need of a remake.  The wallpaper and stair runners are original.  The hubs removed the stair runners it is already a vast improvement.  We  decided not to replace them, but to paint and stain the stairs instead.  I already purchased a lovely settee that was my color inspiration. I'm leaning towards a yellow entry that will be bright (not too bright) and cheerful.  The hubs lets me select colors and is on board with whatever I decide.  The only downside is that most guests use the kitchen entrance and not the front.  The hubs has joked about putting a gate at the end of the driveway forcing everyone to come in the front door. Now for some motivation. 


 



photos via pinterest,  house beautiful, decor pad and veranda

No comments:

Post a Comment