Tuesday, July 24, 2012

3rd time's a charm, I think

So, I posted a while back about getting gel manicures (2), how they chipped within four days and started peeling off in five.  For some strange reason, I decided to give it another shot on Thursday when I went in for a post work mani.   I told the nail tech about my other two experiences at another nail salon.  Of the three types they offered, she recommended the CND Shellac.   I picked a color off the color wheel and that was that.  I noticed that each coat she applied was much thinner than the gel, but the time under the UV lamp was longer.  I'm happy to report that it's day 5 and they still look great.  No chipping or rough edges.  The color is washed out in the picture I took below, it's closer to the image above.

I'm hoping that removal is easy and that my nails are not ruined.  If all goes smoothly, I will be all for getting this type of mani.  I will start using waterproof sunscreen prior just for good measure.  I'll post an update in a few days to let y'all know how they are holding up.

top image via CDN Shellac

No comments:

Post a Comment