Thursday, September 1, 2011

Leftover uses

Fried rice means leftovers to me and I never order it from Chinese restaurants. I do like to bring home the rice and make rice pudding.  My Mother used to make a great baked recipe and has passed it on to me.  I work with people that refuse to eat any.  Some dishes are best the next day,  lasagne anyone?  Growing up in an Italian American household I learned  frittata's are a great way to use leftover pasta.  I especially like to add goat cheese to them.  They are great with mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, I could go on and on.  I did not plan on blogging about my delicious dinner and neglected to take any pics.    Here is one from Williams-Sonoma and their recipe.


I did take a pic of my eggs. I'm sure you can find a ton of recipes if you look.  I make mine up as I go, depending on what is in my fridge.   You do not need a fancy pan, an old fashioned cast iron one works great.  I hope you make one soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I've never had rice pudding before -- I just tried bread pudding for the first time last week, and I guess I'll have to give this a shot next!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete