Monday, July 1, 2013

Biscotti, red, white and blue


I made biscotti this weekend and here is a picture after the 1st baking.  Don't let the small size of the dough fool you, it doubles in size in the oven.  Keep an eye on the second round when you are toasting it in the oven.  I brought some to my friend Lisa (100% Italian) today and she said it is the better than what she buys in the store.  I will try pistachio next.
We are hosting our neighbors on Saturday for a cookout prior to the fireworks on the lake.  I'm thinking this may a fun drink to serve.  I think I will make it with more lemonade and less alcohol to make sure everyone is not too inebriated.  Now to find some patriotic straws or swizzle sticks.

Frozen Blue Lemonade

1½ oz. white rum
1 oz. blue curacao
3 oz. Lemonade Sparkling ICE
Garnish: blueberries


Combine all ingredients with ice in a blender. Blend on high until it becomes slushy. Pour into a glass and garnish with blueberries. 

photo via Ice

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, biscotti, that's too ambitious for me. That frozen lemonade is up my alley though! ;o)

    ReplyDelete